There historical female military leaders are here to kick butt and chew bubble gum, and they're all out of bubble gum.
Things We Saw Today: GenderSwapped Joker/Harley Quinn
by Jill Pantozzi | 5:26 pm, October 7th, 2011
Sometimes cosplay makes me weep. In a good way. This is one of those times. Sometimes cosplay also turns me on a little. This is also one of those times. Genderswapped Joker and Harley Quinn via Haus of Meta. Roxanna Meta (whose tumblr I found this on) was part of that fantastic Rule 63 Justice League group this past year. We here at The Mary Sue really want to see them do a Rule 63 Injustice League now with such notables as Ms. Freeze, Lexy Luthor and Doomsdawn (complete with rock boobs of course). Also, please invite me to be a part of it.
- While we’re on the subject of gender identity, Entertainment Weekly has an interesting piece up about Real Steel and why robots should be for girls (and moms) too.
- Ever want to see Ryan Reynolds dressed like a giant “A” and singing about A’s to the tune of the A-Team? Well now you have. Thanks Hulu and Sesame Street.
- Though we have to admit, this art in rice fields, visible from above, is just as impressive.
- Turns out Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo’s Batman #1 was the number one top seller out of all DC’s New 52 books and all books that came out in September. (via Robot6)
Boba Fett’s day at the beach. Nuff said. (via purple lightsaber)
- Little known sci-fi fact: James Cameron was the “voice” of the Alien Queen in Aliens and the voice of the T-1000 as it melted at the end of Terminator 2: Judgment Day.
- Coming to visit New York City purely for the geek hot-spots? You may want to check out this google map that totes itself as the Ultimate Nerd Guide to New York City.