Because teenagerdom is a mess, but some people handle it better than others.
Things We Saw Today: This Chain Mail Apron May Not Improve My Cooking, But At Least I’ll Be Invincible
by Kellie Foxx-Gonzalez | 5:01 pm, June 25th, 2012
To arms, chefs! Wield those knives fearlessly! (via That’s Nerdalicious.)
- Alyssa Rosenburg succinctly explains why we should stop equating gender performance and sexuality using Pixar’s Brave an example. (via Think Progress.)
- WoW Insider laments the lack of well-written, believable female World of Warcraft characters that aren’t wholly defined by their gender. (via WoW Insider.)
Yes, that is the entire Hobbit cast joining Ian McKellen during his one man show to raise money for a church! (via Digital Spy.)
- Here’s a roundup of every item that was inside the time capsule that Nickelodeon buried in 1992. I wonder if that Game Boy still works? (via Mental Floss.)
- Heads up: Facebook changed everyone’s email to @Facebook.com. Lifehacker explains how to fix it.
- 1UP has a roundup of 6 female video game characters that “do it right.” If by “do it right” they mean weren’t poorly conceived and written to appeal to gamers wanting fanservice only, then this is a pretty good list, though I’m not entirely convinced by the inclusion of Bayonetta.
How excited are you about Hotel Transylvania? Here’s the extended trailer and an interview with director Genndy Tartakovsky. (via Bleeding Cool.)
- 5 Actors Who Play the Same Role in Every Movie
- Movie Mistakes: Low Budget Or Bad Editing?
- Hard to Say Goodbye: TV's Most Traumatic Deaths
- TV's Best Fake Websites