Because teenagerdom is a mess, but some people handle it better than others.
Things We Saw Today: Black Widow as Botticelli’s Venus
by Susana Polo | 5:00 pm, May 2nd, 2012
A bit skinnier than I remember Venus, but I hear those skintight catsuits aren’t exactly roomy. (So Geek Chic)
- NY State Senator Ruben Diaz just compared the pro-choice movement to Nazis. Hasn’t he ever heard of Godwin’s law? (The Frisky)
The Mary Sue discovered these cute kitty shaped self defense devices (hint: imagine two of your fingers in the eye holes), realized they don’t ship to our state, and then a discussion ensued about shipping these to our parents. We want to pass that joy on to you. (Wicked Clothes)
- GLOC, a site for and by women in comedy, has just relaunched. Give them a look!
It’s a TARDIS watch, and presumably in addition to telling you the time, it also tells you your relative dimension in space. (Fashionably Geek)
- Conflicted about the treatment of Jack Kirby by Marvel Comics, but not enough to boycott The Avengers? Comics Allliance has a suggestion.
io9 has a round up of some seriously weird Mardi Gras floats from 1873, that are trying to poke fun at the then-even-more-controversial-than-it-is-now Theory of Evolution.
io9 also has an exclusive chapter from a genderswapped version of the John Carter of Mars novels, and it’s pretty sweet.
- Indiewire breaks down the gender balance of the Tonys.
- 5 Actors Who Play the Same Role in Every Movie
- Once Upon a Time: Better Than Ever?
- TV's Best Fake Websites
- 5 Greatest Kisses in Sci-Fi Movies