Because teenagerdom is a mess, but some people handle it better than others.
Things We Saw Today: What Bane’s Mask Almost Looked Like
by Kellie Foxx-Gonzalez | 5:01 pm, July 30th, 2012
Here’s a page from The Art and Making of the Dark Knight Trilogy that shows us what Bane’s mask almost looked like. I don’t know about you, but I think he would have been infinitely more terrifying, albeit out of place in the Nolanverse, with his eyes covered. (via Blastr.)
- The Aurora shooting suspect was charged with 24 counts of first degree murder and 116 counts of attempted murder today. (via The Chicago Tribune.)
- Jennifer Baumgardner explores rape jokes as both “cheap, angry, talentless humor” and as a means of “shedding light on a larger social condition.” (via The Frisky.)
You may brag that your kid is good with motor skills and LEGOs, but can they make a LEGO Olympic Stadium? Probably not, but these cool adults can! (via My Modern Met.)
- Three women from the band “Pussy Riot” that protested Vladimir Putin’s new presidential term in a “punk prayer” on the altar of Russia’s main cathedral have gone on trial for dissent. (via Yahoo.)
- We can expect Marvel’s Ant-Man to have a 2014 release date. (via Collider.)
This video, which compares Bane’s original voice with his re-dubbed voice, should make you grateful for the initial TDKR audience that complained enough to get it fixed, even if you still couldn’t understand half of what Tom Hardy said. (via Blastr.)
- Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog will make its debut on The CW on Tuesday, Oct. 9 at 9 p.m. (via Entertainment Weekly.)
- Todd McFarlane‘s cover for Amazing Spider-Man #328 sold for a record $675,250. To put things in perspective, Spider-Man #1 sold for a mere $358,500. (via Comics Beat.)
- Hollywood's 11 Best Makeover Moments
- Where Are They Now: Jill From Home Improvement
- Colbert Pays Hilarious Tribute to Fox News
- 'Real World' Stars: Where Are They Now?