Things We Saw Today: Adorable Sketches From the Set of The Hobbit
by Susana Polo | 5:08 pm, October 25th, 2012
io9 got a whole set visit for The Hobbit, the lucky ducks, and while the text may be a little spoilery for some folks, the sketches (since they weren’t allowed to take pictures or video) are super cute. In other Hobbit news, the first movie is reportedly clocking in at about two hours and forty minutes long. (io9)
- I love it when scientific things get named after famous people. Lady Gaga is getting a fern named after her. (The Frisky)
- Our sister site Geekosystem is looking for two editors. Could one of them be you? Job descriptions here and here.
- Cloud Atlas is being accused of putting white actors in “yellow face.” (The Hollywood Reporter)
The HBO store has all the gear you need for that True Blood Halloween party. (Click to embiggen.)
- The Ice and Fire Convention bills itself as the only Song of Ice and Fire convention in America. Get tickets quick!
- Runner Lolo Jones just made the US Olympic bobsledding team three weeks after trying the sport for the first time. (SportsGrid)
According to reviews, this kid-sized inflatable Boba Fett backpack isn’t very sturdy. But at less than $10, it might do for a night. (TDWGeek)