Things We Saw Today: A Picture of Stan Lee Wearing Nothing But A Comic Book
by Susana Polo | 5:06 pm, August 23rd, 2012
My advise is not to read into it much, but that is a Hulk comic. Here’s where to go if you want to know how this happened. (Tumblr)
- Oh thank goodness, a peppy song to let me know what “legitimate rape” actually means. (The Frisky)
- The Vatican’s daily newspaper wants to know why Mattel’s bald Barbie, created to let little girls undergoing cancer treatment feel better about themselves, isn’t available generally in stores. Were kind of curious too. (Jezebel)
- J.K. Rowling is only making one appearance in the US this year, in regards to her new book. Details here. (Brandon Son)
- NPR shows us what Superman and Wonder Woman’s post relationship texts look like, and it’s probably way more interesting than whatever will happen in the comics.
OH MAH GLOB. I don’t know about the Finn one, but I’d totally wear this Lumpy Space Princess tank from We Love Fine.
- Anisha Gupta explains how Wikipedia’s gender imbalance (only 9% of its editors are female) affects what makes it to the site, and one way some women can help. (IMA Museum)
- Nancy Drew or the Hardy Boys: test your knowledge. (MentalFloss)
Marauders’ Map shoes: for when your footprints need footprints. (So Geek Chic)
- Rob Leifeld quits DC. Offered without comment. (Blastr)
- Matt Smith knows which companion he wants back for the 50th anniversary. (Blastr)