Because teenagerdom is a mess, but some people handle it better than others.
Things We Saw Today: A Binder Full of Magic Card Women
by Susana Polo | 4:58 pm, October 18th, 2012
What’s better than binders full of women? Binders full of magic cards. But what if the magic cards were women? (Geekosystem)
- The U.S. Appeals court of New York has declared the Defense of Marriage Act unconstitutional. (The Frisky)
- Casual sexism in science matters. (Boing Boing)
Sofia is the newest Disney princess, making her TV movie debut on November 18th. She’s both the first pre-school age princess and, as Disney recently announced, the first Hispanic princess. Her voice actress, however, is not of Hispanic descent, and even this passes-for-white Latina feels there probably would have been more minority-representation value here if Sophia appeared closer to the admittedly limited section of the color spectrum that American society reads as “Hispanic.” Time will tell whether the content of Once Upon a Princess will lives up to Disney’s hopes for it. (The FW)
- Here’s an interview with Lisa Frank. (The Jane Dough)
- Here’s the plot synopsis of Iron Man 3. (/Film)
Here’s some ladies doing advanced particle physics in 1960. (io9)
- Stephen Colbert may have just hinted that he has a cameo in The Hobbit. We say: if not WHY NOT. (Empire Online)
- Zoolander 2 is trying to get Lady Gaga to play a major character. (Jezebel)
This might be a perfect companion for my Pi Pie Plate. (Neatorama)
- Kitty Forman is Back!
- Where Are They Now: Jill From Home Improvement
- Breath Taking Catching Fire Stills You Can't Miss
- Movie Mistakes: Low Budget Or Bad Editing?