Because teenagerdom is a mess, but some people handle it better than others.
Things We Saw Today: The Doctor Who/Firefly Crossover Of Our Fanfic Dreams
by Kellie Foxx-Gonzalez | 5:06 pm, July 16th, 2012
Redditor DrMarf put it best: “There is so much strong jaw line in that pic. The only way I could feel less manly is if John Barrowman had photo-bombed this pic.” Us too. (via Reddit.)
- Christopher Nolan delayed Dark Knight Rises so that Marion Cotillard, Batman’s love interest, could give birth to her first child and film her scenes. Aww! (via The Seattle Times.)
- General Motors consulted three moms on the design of their 2013 Chevy Malibu, hoping that the women would use their lived experience as mothers to improve the design of the car. Considering women are involved in about 80% of family car buying decisions, this seems like a smart move. (via Wired.)
When Adrianne Curry isn’t busy winning the first season of America’s Top Model and being a reality TV star, she spends her time cosplaying and happens to be a total nerd! Here’s a slideshow of all of her amazing costumes from Comic-Con! Love that Raptor Jesus! (via The Frisky.) Have you seen our Comic-Con slideshow yet?
- Blizzard, the folks behind World of Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo, recently raised $330,000 to support St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospitals by auctioning off old server blades that used to host WoW. It’s great to see the gaming community give back to those in need! (via Game Informer.)
- Celeste Holm, best known for her role in the original 1943 production of Roger and Hammertein’s Oklahoma!, has passed away at 95. (via Jezebel.)
- Bryan Fuller, producer of Pushing Daises, hinted that ”there is another Pushing Daisies project that is not a comic and that is not a miniseries” in the works. The curiosity is killing us! (via Blastr.)
- “Iron Man” No. 55, a comic book from February 1973 featuring the first appearance of Thanos, went from being valued at $60 to $6,000 after the villain’s appearance in the Avengers movie. Apparently that’s “next year’s price.” Yikes! (via LA Times.)
- New Season Of Sister Wives This Summer
- 5 Movies That Ended Up Being Totally Different Than We Expected
- 10 Shows We Really Want to Come Back
- Parent-Teacher Conferences Have Never Been This Humiliating