- Our very own Jill Pantozzi and Star Wars expert/blogger/contributor Amy Ratcliffe were guests on the podcast Full of Sith to talk about women and Star Wars. Give it a listen here.
- Buried at the bottom of this Deadline story about Cartoon Network’s upcoming programming (they’re going vintage with Tom and Jerry and Bugs Bunny reboots) is a list of what shows they’re renewing that includes Steven Universe, Adventure Time, Teen Titans GO!, and more.
- Director Sarah Gavron’s Suffragette—you know, that period drama about suffragettes starring Meryl Streep—”will be the first commercial film to shoot in the U.K. Houses of Parliament,” writes The Hollywood Reporter.
Pictured: Four new images from FX’s The Strain, Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan‘s vampire show. Yes, that is Samwise Gamgee and Filch/Walder Frey in the same show. See larger images at Blastr.
- Did you know singer Charlotte Church is a quantum physics nerd who wrote a song about entanglement theory? Because I didn’t. But now I do. Thanks, New Scientist.
- Beyoncé Leans In, Appears In PSA To Ban The Word “Bossy” as a descriptor for ambitious women. (The Frisky)
- Neatorama tells us about a Purdue University study that shows opening doors for men does harm to their self-esteem and self-confidence. Female subjects were unaffected. Use this knowledge wisely.