Things We Saw Today: Random Oscar Winner Generator
by Rebecca Pahle | 5:00 pm, January 15th, 2014
To create their Random Oscar Winner Generator, TIME took the IMDB keywords of the 233 movies nominated for Best Picture since 1970 and plugged them into an algorithm. My favorite is “A movie star and a film producer in the 1860s cope with fame and adultery,” because time travel. Share yours in the comments.
- Oni Press is bringing back Greg Rucka and Matthew Southworth’s Stumptown as an ongoing series, albeit without Southworth as the artist. (The Beat)
- Comics vet Jim Steranko, one of the creators of Nick Fury, writes in his recap of this week’s Agents of SHIELD that the show is “the perfect example of frustration, apathy, and disappointment.” (The Hollywood Reporter)
- Neatorama shares 15 Utterly Bizarre Hello Kitty Tattoos.
- Tumblr has let you tag other users for a while (I know, I was surprised too), but now if you tag someone in a post said user will actually get a notification about it. The Daily Dot has more.
- Via The Frisky, Monday’s How I Met Your Mother put three of its white characters in yellowface.