There historical female military leaders are here to kick butt and chew bubble gum, and they're all out of bubble gum.
Things We Saw Today: Bee and Puppycat Kickstarted!
by Jill Pantozzi | 5:00 pm, November 7th, 2013
BAGOW! (via Kickstarter)
- Speaking of Bee and Puppycat, creator Natasha Allegri and executive producer Fred Seibert just did a fun reddit AMA about the series.
- And speaking of Kickstarters, apparently there’s some scammer funding projects with large amounts of money then disputing them with his credit card company after he gets the rewards. Read more on Comics Alliance’s tumblr.
- Remember the big hub-bub over Image’s Saga and the Apple store rules regarding sex? Well a similar thing recently happened with Matt Fraction and artist Chip Zdarsky’s Sex Criminals. Wired looks into it.
Brand-new from Funko…a Dr. Hooves Pop! Available November 21st.
- 24 Powerful Works by Contemporary Women Artists You Should Know (via Flavorwire)
- Diversity Campaign by UK Department Store Debenhams Features Non-Traditional Models In Their Look Book (via Laughing Squid)
- Meet one of HerUniverse’s Fangirls of the Day – Savannah. She may only be in pre-school but she’s a huge BSG fan. They write, “Savannah has an incurable cellular energy disorder called Mitochondrial Disease. This means that her body cannot properly convert food and oxygen into life-sustaining energy. Think of it like trying to power a whole household on a single battery. Most children with ‘Mito’ don’t live to see their teenage years because there is no cure. Savannah’s fighter spirit is an inspiration!” You must check out the pictures of this little lady.
“A year ago today I found out I had cancer. Figured I’d end this year on a positive note and mark the anniversary with my favorite picture of me as the avatar!!!” writes Catherine Crews. Hell to the yes. (via The Daily Dot)