It’s October 28th already, and you don’t have a Halloween costume. But worry not, because we’ve got your back.
Things We Saw Today: Orange Is the New Black Gets the Paper Doll Treatment
by Rebecca Pahle | 5:00 pm, August 20th, 2013
Artist Emily Niland has taken several of the ladies from Orange Is the New Black and turned them into paper dolls. See more at BuzzFeed.
- We might not write a whole lot about Ke$ha on The Mary Sue, but we do hate the Westboro Baptist Church (who doesn’t?), so this caught our eye: When the WBC started spewing hate outside one of her concerts she sent some of her backup dancers to crash their protest with a pelvic thrust-heavy dance routine. (The Frisky)
- Novelist Elmore Leonard, giant of the crime and Western genres and the man to whom we owe 3:10 to Yuma, Jackie Brown, and Justified, has passed away at the age of 87. The Detroit News has an in-depth look at the man and his work.
The theme of a new set of Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 posters: Puns. I can dig it. Check out the rest at /Film.
- Pacific Rim fans on Tumblr have adopted an alternative to the Bechdel Test: The Mako Mori Test. Its standards: A movie must A) have at least one female character, who B) has her own narrative arc that is C) not about supporting a man’s story. (The Daily Dot)
- Guardians of the Galaxy has a new cast member: Gregg Henry, who’s previously appeared in Firefly, The Killing, and Guardians director James Gunn‘s Slither. There’s no word yet on who he’s playing. (Digital Spy)
- Via Geekosystem, the first 3D scan of a foot in high heels highlights the temporary—and permanent, if worn often enough—damage they can do to your anatomy. Sneakers, flats, and ugly-yet-comfy Dansko clogs for me, please.
Measuring 112 feet tall and made up of 500,000 individual bricks, this is the world’s largest LEGO tower. (io9)