There historical female military leaders are here to kick butt and chew bubble gum, and they're all out of bubble gum.
Things We Saw Today: A Gorgeous Godzilla Teaser Poster
by Isabella Kapur | 5:00 pm, July 15th, 2013
In case Pacific Rim hasn’t quenched your thirst for Kaiju movies, we will be learning more about Legendary Pictures’s new Godzilla film at San Diego Comic Con later this week. For now, the poster above teases the spectacle we’ve come to expect of the monster movie. (via Slash Film)
- Justin Timberlake was apparently just informed that his single “Take Back The Night,” shares a name with The Take Back The Night Foundation. You can read his statement on the matter, and hear the song, at The Frisky.
- Are J.K. Rowling‘s works better received when she pretends to be a man? (via Death and Taxes)
- Leighton Meester, who played Carrie Bishop in the Veronica Mars television show, will not be reprising her role in the movie. Andrea Estella, of the band Twin Sister, will be replacing Meester among the many returning residents of Neptune. (via The Wrap)
- IDW Publishing is releasing a Star Trek Into Darkness prequel comic that focuses on the origin story of Benedict Cumberbatch‘s John Harrison, aka Khan. (via Screen Rant)
- The hilarious illustrated blog Hyperbole and a Half is getting a book! (via Boing Boing)
Check out the poster for J.J. Abrams‘ new “high-tech, high-stakes action drama” about semi-robotic buddy cops of the near future, Almost Human. (via Slash Film)