Things We Saw Today: David Bradley as William Hartnell As The Doctor
by Isabella Kapur | 5:00 pm, July 11th, 2013
The 50th Anniversary excitement continues. This image was officially released after Paris Comic Con last week, and features David Bradley, who you may know a Argus Filch and Walder Frey, in the role of William Hartnell for the film about Doctor Who‘s beginnings, An Adventure in Space and Time. That is some convincing makeup. (via Doctor Who TV)
- The NFL may soon get its first permanent female referee in the form of training program finalist Sarah Thomas. (via The Frisky)
- Maria of Middle Earth News is kicking off a series where she will analyze women and the roles of the few women in the Lord of the Rings, The Silmarillion, and The Hobbit. She’ll be starting with Éowyn. “I am no man!”
You can get these pewter Doctor Who Monopoly tokens from Donald James on Etsy. Check out the shop for other nerdy pewter charms too, from AT-AT’s to Zelda. Now to exterminate all opponents to my real-estate empire. (via Nerd Approved)
- Siskoid’s Blog of Geekery has cast all the Doctors with muppets. You know 10 has to be the muppet with the best hair.
- Artist George Pérez has signed exclusively with BOOM! Studios. The respected illustrator talked to Comic Book Resources about the shift.
- Take a peek at Studio Ghibli’s new film from Isao Takahata, Kaguya-hime no Monogatari. The film is based on the well-know japanese folk The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter, but Takahata seems to be mixing it up with the animation, despite the traditional story. (via Bleeding Cool)
This fascinating plastic cutaway model of the USS Enterprise shows you all the rooms on the ship, even those never shown in Star Trek. Check out close ups at Nerd Approved.