It’s October 28th already, and you don’t have a Halloween costume. But worry not, because we’ve got your back.
Things We Saw Today: Beautiful Batgirl Birkin Bag
by Rebecca Pahle | 5:00 pm, May 8th, 2013
Writes caitlinsdad, “This authentic knockoff designer bat-bag is equipped with a Bat Signal, Bat Proximity Alarm, Bat Taser, Bat Phone, and plays the Batman TV Theme.” Sounds Bat-tastic. Instructions on how to make your own are at Instructables. (Time Travel and Rocket-Powered Apes)
- Zelda Fitzgerald Gets Her Own Artisanal Ice Cream. There are four flavors: Blackberries + Sweet Cream, Cognac + Marmalade, Loveless Biscuits + Peach Jam, and Dark Chocolate Rye. Stop it, The Frisky, you’re making me hungry.
- Fanfic readers, this one is for you: Archive of Our Own has gotten some mainstream love from TIME, which named it one of the 50 Best Websites of 2013. You should read their remarkably non-snarky toward fanfic blurb. (The Daily Dot)
- Via Geekosystem, The IT Crowd is coming back with a 40-minute special episode that’ll shoot in a few weeks and air… we don’t know. Eventually. This Roy and Moss gif sums up my reaction rather well.
Black Milk now makes these Alice in Wonderland leggings. (Fashionably Geek)
- NBC Universal is planning to create a whole bunch of Downton Abbey merchandise, including furniture, homewares, stationary, and… wait for it… clothes. (Jezebel)
- Mountaineer Katie Mills analyzes the accuracy of Game of Thrones‘s ice-climbing scene over at Wired. The verdict? You know nothing (about ice-climbing), Game of Thrones writers.
Police are on the lookout for the alleged attacker of a 17-year-old woman outside a McDonalds in York, England. That’s the person the police are looking for above. Yes, she’s dressed as She-Hulk. (blastr)