Six video game couples that have stuck with me over the years, each representing a different sort of love.
Things We Saw Today: What Batman Characters Do On Their Day Off
by Rebecca Pahle | 5:00 pm, May 6th, 2013
- NRA Panders To Women With a Plethora Of Pink Products. There are so many messed up parts of this story. (The Frisky)
- “Person, Trekkie, and bowtie enthusiast” George Takei narrated a Funny Or Die PSA on marriage equality called “Gays Beware.” Check it out over at Mediaite.
- Lady pirate steampunk webcomic? I’m down. If you are too, check out the Kickstarter campaign for Lady Sabre, by Eisner award winners Rick Burchett and Greg Rucka.
Speaking of steampunk: Steampunk LEGOs are happening. Geeks Are Sexy has more pics.
- Author Rhianna Pratchett (and #1reasontobe creator) shares her #1reason to fight against sexism in the video game industry in a great interview over at Rock Paper Shotgun.
- An effort to coordinate comic book donations to the Boston Children’s Hospital (previously mentioned here) in the aftermath of the tragic Boston Marathon bombing has resulted in 2,000 comics that will be distributed to sick children throughout Massachusetts. Good job, comic book fans! (Happy Blogtime!)
- “How 1 question triggered a Supernatural fandom meltdonwn” relating to homophobia and queer representation. (The Daily Dot)
The World’s End, the latest collaboration between Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, and Nick Frost, has its first poster. (Digital Spy)