Six video game couples that have stuck with me over the years, each representing a different sort of love.
Things We Saw Today: A Cheerleader Wonder Woman Formation
by Jill Pantozzi | 5:02 pm, January 17th, 2012
Well here’s something you certainly don’t see everyday. This photo is from a cheerleading competition in Russia and features the gals dressed up like Wonder Woman. Now if only they could have gotten teh guys to dress like Steve Trevor… (via DC Women Kicking Ass) Full steam ahead for all the other fun stuff we saw today!
- There’s a new woman stepping in to replacing Piers Wenger and Beth Willis as executive producer of Doctor Who. Her name is Caroline Skinner and she also produced the BBC horror/fantasy series, The Fades, which will be premiering on BBC America this Saturday. She had this to say about the Doctor Who movie, “I think that if a Doctor Who movie ever happens, that’s something that will be done hand-in-hand with Steven [Moffat] and the production team. But any movie’s a very, very long way off.” (via io9)
- Speaking of movies, Benedict Cumberbatch has dropped a few hints about his role in J.J. Abrams Star Trek 2, particularly questioning that he would be the villain. (via Blastr)
- Beware, Wikipedia is doing an anti-SOPA blackout tomorrow.
I’ve seen a few items here and there but check out Forever 21′s new Black Widow tank, available for just $13.80. From the looks of things they may have a deal worked out with Disney as there’s tons of related Disney products, so don’t be surprised if you see more Avengers wear soon. (via Fashion Tips From Comic Strips)
- Artist Kate Leth has another wonderful piece up on Comics Bulletin. This time it’s called Crossing the Threshold: A Vote for Girls in Comic Shops, and talks about not only Leth’s experience working in a shop but her experience shopping elsewhere and what to do to create a more female-friendly environment.
- CNN GeekOut speaks with the cast of Portlandia, their Battlestar Galactica obsession and BSG guest-stars.
- The Hunger Games books/movies are getting a line of a merchandise from Wizkids including a blind box series of 27 figurines, a Jabberjay card game and District 12 strategy game. (MTV Geek)
- The Goosebumps film, based on R.L. Stine’s classic book series may have found a screenwriter in Jack The Giant Killer’s Darren Lemke. (via Empire Online)