Six video game couples that have stuck with me over the years, each representing a different sort of love.
Things We Saw Today: Ziggy Potter, the Boy Who Played Guitar
by Rebecca Pahle | 5:00 pm, April 10th, 2013
- The Arkansas State Senate passed a bill that, if it makes it though the House of Representatives, will get rid of the state’s sex education program. That’s because said program is paid for by Planned Parenthood, and the Arkansas Senate really doesn’t want to give any grants to an organization that provides abortion care, even if the grants to be cut go toward something the state should be paying for its own darn self and have nothing to do with abortion anyway. (The Frisky)
- Via blastr, “Wait, did Edgar Wright just tell us Ant-Man is in Iron Man 3?” That theory about the Wasp showing up in IM3 just got slightly more credible.
Technically speaking these Beets headphones are a parody of Dr. Dre’s Beats heaphones, but I prefer to think of them as unofficial Doug merchandise. (“Aiiii-eeee-yooooou, killer tofuuuuuu!“) (Gizmodo)
- Author Mary Robinette Kowal writes historical fantasy novels. She’s worked the Doctor into all of them. Yes, really. Read the specifics at Tor.com.
- On behalf of Game of Thrones fans everywhere, author Joe Hill Tweeted astrophysicist guru Neil deGrasse Tyson to ask “is there an orbit for an earthlike world that allows 7 years of summer, than 3 years of winter?” We eagerly await his response.
- Gender Bias Found in How Scholars Review Scientific Studies. Guess who the bias is against. Go on. Guess. (The Ohio State University)
Iain Heath made a space kraken attacking a Super Star Destroyer out of LEGO. Paging J.J. Abrams. I require a space kraken in Episode VII. (Nerd Approved)