There historical female military leaders are here to kick butt and chew bubble gum, and they're all out of bubble gum.
Things We Saw Today: Fans Cosplay as Disney Princesses Cosplaying as Star Wars Characters
by Rebecca Pahle | 5:00 pm, April 5th, 2013
To give credit where credit is due: “Poca-Han-Solo” is Aleu Moana, and Jedi Rapunzel is her friend Jennifer. (Seen at WonderCon, via Fashionably Geek)
- A federal judge has struck down the age limit on the morning-after pill, deeming it “arbitrary, capricious, and unreasonable.” Previously women ages 16 and younger needed a prescription to get the pill, which sort of defeats the whole “morning-after” aspect. (The Frisky)
- Legendary comic book artist Carmine Infantino, the co-creator of Batgirl, the Flash, Black Canary, and more, has passed away. Said Dan DiDio in response: “There are few people in this world that have had as much of an impact on the industry as Carmine. He bridged both the Golden and Silver Ages of comics, shepherding in some of the most successful periods in our history and setting the course of our characters that is still seen today. He will be greatly missed, but his legacy will remain forever.” Infantino was 87. (IGN)
- AMC has given a pilot order to Geek Out, a reality show to be hosted by Ready Player One author Ernest Cline. Cline will travel the show, visiting superfans and giving them “the surprise of a lifetime with a special experience related to their obsession.” (Deadline)
I’m into neither Zelda nor tea, but I wouldn’t mind owning one of these Triforce teapots by Lauren Russell. It’s so nice and classy. (And I am both those things, dammit.) Sadly, the teapot’s sold out, but you can always keep an eye out for new things on Russell’s Etsy page. (That’s Nerdalicious)
- Sabrina the Teenage Witch co-creator George Gladir passed away on Wednesday evening. He was 87. (Bleeding Cool)
- There’s a new TV spot for Iron Man 3 featuring the Mandarin and his pet soldiers. It’s unembeddable, because that’s how Entertainment Weekly rolls, but you can check it out here.