Because teenagerdom is a mess, but some people handle it better than others.
Things We Saw Today: The New Logo For DC Comics?
by Jill Pantozzi | 5:00 pm, January 13th, 2012
So…this happened. On the left is the current DC Comics logo. On the right is what Bleeding Cool is reporting as their newly designed logo for both DC Comics and DC Entertainment. BC points out that when the old logo was revealed in 2005 it was universally panned but well-liked now. And guess what? Everyone already hates it. We can’t imagine why… Hit the jump for all the other stuff we saw today!
- It’s official. Lionsgate is buying Summit Entertainment. As the Hollywood Reporter points out, “This means the privately-owned studio behind the hit Twilight movie franchise will now be part of the mini-conglomerate that will release The Hunger Games movie in March, and has such TV series as Mad Men and Boss. The deal is valued at $412.5 million in cash, plus stock and debt.
- An opinion piece by Colin Campbell over at IGN titled “Boobs, Bad Games and Misogyny.” It focuses mainly on Bioshock Infinite’s creator Ken Levine speaking about main character Elizabeth’s cleavage but also touches on marketing of a lot of other popular, mainstream video games. From Cambell, “Images like this, from Soulcalibur V’s ad campaign, speak of a certain kind of target audience; an ogling fool, a vile, drooling slob chomping on onion rings at Hooters, cracking poor jokes. It’s douchey and uncool.”
I feel very uncomfortable looking at these. That’s why I felt the need to share them. Here are depictions of Boo and Lilo along with their companions Mike and Stitch, from Disney’s Monsters Inc. and Lilo & Stitch respectively, courtesy of DevianArtist Atom Basher. Thanks for making us want to burn out eyes out! (via io9)
- Congratulations, pneumonitis! You’ve replaced murder as one of the top 15 causes of death in the United States. There’s always next year, murder. Heart disease is still number one. (via Yahoo)
Here’s a new image of Johnny Depp and Michelle Pfeiffer from the upcoming Dark Shadows film. Depp looks even more bizarre than the first photo of him as Barnabas Collins we saw a few months back. (via Blastr)
Speaking of pasty, monstrous killers, did you know there’s a book sorta like Twilight but with zombies instead of vampires? It’s Isaac Marion’s Warm Bodies and it’s being made into a movie. Coming Soon has some of the first shots of the totally hunky zombie (Nicholas Hoult) who resists eating the girl and falls in love instead. Here he is now…
- Three words: Edible. Gelatin. Typography. (via Colossal)
- Movie Mistakes: Low Budget Or Bad Editing?
- Once Upon a Time: Better Than Ever?
- 5 Actors Who Play the Same Role in Every Movie
- 5 Movies That Ended Up Being Totally Different Than We Expected