Things We Saw Today: The Hobbit, With Cats
by Rebecca Pahle | 5:00 pm, March 18th, 2013
As Jill pointed out, the cat version of Bilbo looks an awful lot like Crookshanks from Harry Potter. Anyway, everyone knows Martin Freeman is actually a hedgehog. (By Andrea Femerstrand, via Geek-Art)
- Cancel next year’s Oscars. The documentary Lil Bub & Friendz will just win everything anyway. Check out the trailer at The Frisky. Do it. Do it now.
- Remember the dad who hacked Donkey Kong so his daughter could play as Pauline? Now it’s Zelda’s turn: Kenna W. hacked The Legend of Zelda to turn its eponymous character into the hero. Says Kenna: “I played my first Zelda game when I was pretty young, and at the time, I thought the game did star Princess Zelda. I figured I’d get to play as a magical battle princess that saved her kingdom. The game was fun, but I was bummed out that I never got to play as Zelda. But like I said, I’m an adult now. There’s no one to stop me from eating candy before bed and there’s nothing standing in the way of me creating the games I want to play.” The patch and installation instructions are available on her website. (Laughing Squid)
- Via Flavorwire, ‘It Isn’t Rocket Science’: ‘Tin House’ and ‘Granta’ Editors on How to Run a Publication That Isn’t Sexist
- Threadless is having a $10 sale. Purchase as you see fit.
- There’s a petition to get CNN to apologize for their “disgusting” (their word, but one I agree with) coverage of the Steubenville rape trial. It currently has 58,000(ish) signatures and counting. Your move, CNN. (Buzzfeed)
After months of Disney/Star Wars fanart, we now have the first official Disney/Star Wars poster, created for Star Wars weekends at Disney theme parks. Meh. A lot of the fanart was better. (blastr)