It’s October 28th already, and you don’t have a Halloween costume. But worry not, because we’ve got your back.
Things We Saw Today: If Jurassic Park Were an ’80s Movie
by Rebecca Pahle | 5:00 pm, March 7th, 2013
“Dino droppings? Rad!” By Tyler Jacobs, via Geeks are Sexy.
- The Frisky tells us about Fallon Fox, a six-year veteran of Mixed Martial Arts who has recently come out of the closet (against her wishes) as transsexual.
- The Wall Street Journal reports that LEGO is in talks to make a toy set based on The Simpsons. Topless Robot says it best: “It’s about time. I mean, they are pretty much the only two properties ever to depict caucasians as bright yellow. So it’s a natural fit.”
Sports Illustrated drew inspiration from an unlikely place for their Power Issue: Game of Thrones. Huh. I mean, I guess it makes sense, I just didn’t see it coming. Sister site SportsGrid has a detailed breakdown of the Game of Thrones-themed map inside the issue, written by sports fan/GoT nerd Jordan Rabinowitz. (Oh, and SI. That is not the Throne of Games. This is the Throne of Games.)
- Speaking of Game of Thrones, read what actress Gwendoline Christie has to say on the androgyny of her fan favorite character Brienne of Tarth at AfterEllen.
- Other sister site Styleite has an awesome slideshow of 10 Looks That Prove Star Trek‘s Influence on Fashion.
Twitter holdout Joss Whedon has taken over the account for his upcoming Shakespeare adaptation Much Ado About Nothing. There’s no indication of when he’ll leave, so tweet @MuchAdoFilm about all the feels he and his many character deaths have given you while there’s still time. (/Film)
- Sociological images tells us The Truth About Gender and Math. Spoiler: Girls/women aren’t inherently worse at math than boys/men. Math proves it.
- April 6th will see professional funny lady Melissa McCarthy hosting Saturday Night Live for the second time. (Deadline)
Technically this is a Luke Skywalker watch, but if I wrote “Antilles” over “Skywalker” and said Luke’s face was Wedge’s no one would ever need to know, right? (Fashionably Geek)