Each tier of depicts a different scene: The bottom is Luke on Tatooine in a A New Hope (the groom’s been to that filming location), the middle is Leia meeting Wicket in Return of the Jedi (the bride’s been to that filming location), and the top is the wedding of Anakin and Padme in Attack of the Clones (they want to visit that filming location together). Visit That’s Nerdalicious for detail shots.
- Via The Frisky, meet Banana Joe, the Affenpinscher who won Best in Show at this year’s Westminster Kennel Club dog show. He looks vaguely Ewokian.
- Syfy is leaving its Sharktopus/Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus/Manquito wheelhouse to make The Man in the High Castle into a four-part miniseries. Written by sci-fi adaptation stalwart Philip K. Dick, the book takes places in an alternate reality where the Axis Powers won World War II. (Deadline)
- Actress Eden Sher writes “I’ve Spent 12 Years Surrounded by Hollywood Peen. Where Are the Women Directors?” on Jezebel.
- Author Terry Deary says that libraries have “had their day” and are “no longer relevant.” “People have to make the choice to buy books. People will happily buy a cinema ticket to see Roald Dahl‘s Matilda, and expect to get the book for free. It doesn’t make sense.” Because it’s not like books are difficult to afford for some families, especially those with multiple kids, or anything. And if they can’t afford them, well, too bad for them, right? Every word Deary says in this Guardian article makes me seethe.
- DC has responded to backlash over their hiring of anti-gay writer Orson Scott Card for the new Superman: “As content creators we steadfastly support freedom of expression, however the personal views of individuals associated with DC Comics are just that — personal views — and not those of the company itself.” For more, visit The Advocate.
- Amazon has cast the TV versions of Jesse Eisenberg, Abigail Breslin and Emma Stone in its version of Zombieland. (/Film)
Bruce Willis movies aren’t really our thing at The Mary Sue, but look, it’s a life-size chocolate sculpture of the man. How can I not post a life-sized chocolate statue of anyone? (Badass Digest)