Mad Art Lab has a big feature written by Slave Leo, a Rule 63 Princess Leia cosplayer. He’s got some interesting things to say.
- Oh, how nice. A special education teacher in Indiana has joined several community members and students who want a “gay-free prom.” Find out more at The Frisky.
- After 9 years, writer Geoff Johns will end his run on DC’s Green Lantern title. He said, “I was getting to an end point and a story line that made sense for me. I felt like it was time to close my run and focus all my energies on the Justice League corner of the DC Universe. It was a very, very hard decision. I absolutely love these characters but I felt like I had a story line that really made sense and felt emotionally satisfying and felt very big and very epic.” His last issue will be oversized and come out this May. (via IGN)
- In related news, The CW has renewed Arrow for a second season. They also renewed Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries but no one is really surprised by that. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
I want to go to there. (via Fashionably Geek)
- Alice Eve, who plays Dr. Carol Marcus in Star Trek Into Darkness says Benedict Cumberbatch is totally not Khan. I don’t know, sounds like a company line to me. (via Blastr)
- The CW has cast its Mary Queen of Scots for their Reign pilot. Australian actress Adelaide Kane takes the role. (via Deadline)
- Wizard of Oz fan? The Cowardly Lion’s costume worn by Bert Lahr in the 1939 film is going up for auction. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
This is Silver Linings Playbook director David O. Russell’s incredulous face. Why is he making it? Because Jennifer Lawrence didn’t win the BAFTA Best Actress Award last night. Emmanuelle Riva won for Amour. I like to think this was Lawrence’s reaction. (via FilmDrunk)