- André Cassagnes, the creator of the Etch-A-Sketch, has died. Ow, right in the childhood. (via The Frisky)
- Amazon has scored exclusive rights to stream Downton Abbey, which is good for Amazon Prime members but bad for Netflix subscribers, since the site will lose Downton later this year. Season three will debut on Amazon in June. (Gizmodo)
- Also via Gizmodo, The Wall Street Journal has confirmed that Sony will be announcing the PlayStation 4 on February 20th and realizing it later this year.
I am extremely jealous of the friend Kirsti Rawstron made this crocheted TARDIS blanket for. Best part? “The light and the windows glow in the dark, and the light has sparkles worked into it.”
- “There is a MONSTER at the end of this Twitter conversation.” Stuff like this is why whoever runs @SesameStreet deserves a medal. Complete with a Wil Wheaton cameo! (via Tough Pigs)
- Welp, Lois Lane has died again. In a comic book tie-in to Injustice: Gods Among Us, but still. Corrina Lawson writes about her many, many deaths over at GeekMom.
- Christoph Waltz is hosting Saturday Night Live on February 16th. I approve. (ScreenRant)
Let’s play Spot the Hobbit with this promo pic from Edgar Wright‘s The World’s End. (Hint: Bluetooth) You can see one more image, featuring Simon Pegg looking kind of like a supervillain, at I Watch Stuff.