Because teenagerdom is a mess, but some people handle it better than others.
Things We Saw Today: This TARDIS Is An Actual Phone Box
by Rebecca Pahle | 5:00 pm, January 17th, 2013
*ring* *ring* “Are you my mummy?” (via /Film)
- The Frisky gives us 11 Michelle Obama gifs in honor of the FLOTUS’ 49th birthday.
- Rob Payne at Pajiba has written an open letter to Josh WMC, the fanartist behind the series of genderswapped Avengers photomanips that includes Alison Brie as Captain America (in a belly shirt) and Amber Heard as Thor (in a miniskirt).
Pauline Phillips, better known as Dear Abby advice columnist Abigail Van Buren, has died at the age of 94. Buzzfeed has a few of her best columns from her 45+ year career, including this one about male knitters.
- Via sister site The Jane Dough, Kimye* paranormal romance fanfic-turned-novel Blood Lust is coming out next week. I thought the apocalypse was supposed to happen last month. *(That’s Kim Kardashian/Kanye West, if you’re lucky enough to have avoided that bit of information up to now. Please tell me your secrets.)
- Our own Jill Pantozzi looks ahead to what 2013 might hold for women in comics in her latest entry of Hey, That’s My Cape! over at IGN.
- Lance Henriksen—best known for playing Bishop in Aliens, though more recently he’s voiced Lieutenant on The Legend of Korra and Tesler in TRON: Uprising—will be guest starring on Bryan Fuller‘s Hannibal, the cast of which already includes Mads Mikkelsen, Hugh Dancy, Gillian Anderson, Gina Torres, Laurence Fishburne, and Caroline Dhavernas. Geektastic! (via Digital Spy)
- 10 Hair-Raising Facts Learned From 'Tangled'
- Game of Thrones Giving It All Away?
- 10 Shows We Really Want to Come Back
- Once Upon a Time: Better Than Ever?