Six video game couples that have stuck with me over the years, each representing a different sort of love.
Things We Saw Today: X-Wing Book Sculpture
by Rebecca Pahle | 5:00 pm, January 11th, 2013
By Jodi Harvey-Brown, who made those awesome book sculptures we featured about a month back. I almost gave myself a headache trying to figure out whether she used books from Aaron Allston and Michael Stackpole‘s X-Wing series for this. (via blastr)
- NASA’s Kepler telescope has discovered a planet almost identical to Earth. I agree with The Frisky that the name they’ve chosen—KOI (Kepler Object of Interest)—is kind of underwhelming. I like koi ponds as much as the next person, but c’mon, “Kepler Object of Interest”?
- Via Jezebel, the Lingerie Football League—in which ladies play football dressed in lingerie, as the name indicates—is changing its name to the Legends Football League and dressing its players in actual football gear as part of its efforts to refocus on athleticism.
- Yesterday we found out that George R.R. Martin would be writing the seventh episode of the third season of Game of Thrones. Today came the news that the episode, previously titled Autumn Storms, is now called Chains. (via blastr)
- According to ScreenDaily, Guardians of the Galaxy will begin shooting this summer at England’s Shepperton Studios. (via SuperHeroHype)
- This article on explaining how a vacuum can eliminate sound is titled “How to Explain to Children Why, in Space, No One Can Hear Them Scream.” I approve. And the experiment looks pretty neat, too! (io9)
And finally, here’s a new poster for Dreamworks’ Epic, about a teenage girl who gets shrunken down to leaf-size and helps save her local forest. The dude behind her in the green armor has something of Flynn Rider about him, no? (via: ComingSoon)