Because teenagerdom is a mess, but some people handle it better than others.
Things We Saw Today: Marvel and DC iPhone Cases
by Rebecca Pahle | 5:00 pm, January 9th, 2013
- Scientists have figured out a way to permanently dye hair brown using gold nanoparticles. Now all I have to do is get filthy stinking rich and my transformation into Dot Matrix from Spaceballs can finally begin. (The Frisky)
- Wonder Women! The Untold Story of American Superheroines will be screening on Saturday, February 9th in New York City. I really enjoyed the film when I had the chance to see it last summer (here’s my review, if you’re so inclined) and thoroughly recommend going if you have the chance. More information can be found at the Athena Film Festival‘s website.
Tiffany’s Baking Co., which designed this wedding cake, described it as a combination of “gnomes, fairies, hobbits, vikings, and LOVE.” I don’t see any gnomes, fairies, Hobbits, or vikings, but it’s still a really gorgeous cake. (via That’s Nerdalicious!)
- There’s a Twitter account called @AvoidComments that tweets daily reminders to… wait for it… “not read the comments sections for, well, pretty much anything, ever.” (via A.V. Club)
- Monopoly is inviting fans (or people who are bored at work, let’s be honest) to vote out one of their classic game tokens and decide on its replacement via their Facebook page. The token with the lowest number of votes will be ditched to make way for a toy robot, helicopter, cat, guitar, or diamond ring. (via USA Today)
- Was NSA Behind Spitzer And Petraeus Scandals?
- Game of Thrones Giving It All Away?
- 10 Shows We Really Want to Come Back
- How to Spot Fake Disney Movies