Things We Saw Today: The New Robin Really Likes Birds
by Jill Pantozzi | 5:00 pm, November 9th, 2012
- While we’re on the subject of cats who are awesome, Hank the Cat came in third in Virginia’s Senate race this week. Too bad, he would have legalized catnip. (via The Frisky)
- DC Comics announced digital sales have tripled since last year. Thanks in part to their titles becoming available on Amazon’s Kindle Store, Apple’s iBookstore and Barnes & Noble’s Nook Store and Justice League #12 (the big kiss between Wonder Woman and Superman) selling 10,000 digital copies. (via Robot 6)
- Steven Spielberg has shot down the idea of directing Star Wars VII. He told Access Hollywood, “No! No! It’s not my genre, it’s my best friend George’s genre.” (via Blastr)
- Speaking of terrible movies, the trailer for World War Z premiered today. A Facebook account has already popped up asking them to change the name and make an actual World War Z movie.
- On the opposite side of the coin, Simon Pegg writes an essay on the state of zombies. (via The Guardian)
- Today is Carl Sagan’s birthday and our sister site, Geekosystem, is wondering why he didn’t get a google doodle.