Because teenagerdom is a mess, but some people handle it better than others.
Things We Saw Today: RIP Nyan Cat
by Rebecca Pahle | 5:00 pm, November 2nd, 2012
Marty, the feline upon whom Nyan Cat is based, passed away last night. As a friend of mine said: “He is with Ceiling Cat now.” (Geekosystem)
- A British bartender formerly known as Emma-Louise Hodges changed her name to the Bond Girl-tastic “Miss Pussy Galore Honey Rider Solitaire Plenty O’Toole May Day Xenia Onatopp Holly Goodhead Tiffany Case Kissy Suzuki Mary Goodnight Jinx Johnson Octopussy Domino Moneypenny,” or Miss Moneypenny for short. (The Frisky)
- We’ve taked about the gender imbalance among Wikipedia editors before. Well the WikiWomen’s Collaborative is out to change it. If you’re a female active in the Wikipedia community—or a female who wants to be—check it out!
Webcomic artist o’ my heart Kate Beaton live-comic’ed her Hurricane Sandy experience. Check out the whole thing at her Tumblr.
- Brett Schenker of Graphic Policy provides a detailed demographic breakdown of self-identified comic book fans on Facebook. Some stats of note? The percentage of female comic book fans has risen to 40.06% from last year’s 36.5%, and female fans account for the majority (53.92%) in the 17-and-under age group.
- This just-announced TV show by producer Jaime Paglia (Eureka) and director Alex Proyas (Dark City, The Crow), about a quarantined city full of once-ordinary humans granted superpowers by a mysterious biological attack, looks pretty cool. This might be just what I need to move Eureka to the top of my “to-watch” list. (blastr)
Use this Huttese Translator Ring to ask for directions to Disney World… in Huttese. (Geeks are Sexy)
- With the iPhone app Shatoetry, “Shatoetists” can pull from a library of words recorded by William Shatner to create “Shatisms.” Says the Shat, “People all over the world have been listening to my voice for so long, but they’ve only ever heard what I wanted to say. I wanted to give people a means to express their thoughts and ideas, using my voice.” That sound you hear is my brain whirring around in circles. (The Hollywood Reporter)
- Game of Thrones Giving It All Away?
- Teen Mom Star Shares Baby Shower Pics
- 5 Actors Who Play the Same Role in Every Movie
- 10 Hair-Raising Facts Learned From 'Tangled'