Because teenagerdom is a mess, but some people handle it better than others.
Things We Saw Today: Miss (Piggy) Phoenix
by Jill Pantozzi | 5:17 pm, December 8th, 2011
Now here’s a Marvel female character we can get behind. Lar deSouza depicts Miss Piggy in her alter ego, Miss Phoenix! Hit the jump for more stuff we found online today!
- Because of recent criticisms the company has been receiving in regards to its female characters and solo titles, Comics Alliance did an interview with Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso and Editor Jeanine Schaefer, to help clear up a bit on confusion. They make some good comments but also tell us that Sue Storm and Storm don’t have mojo. Worth a read.
- Social Justice League writes an essay on how to be a fan of problematic things. This.
- Looking for some female lead titles? Amber Unmasked has rounded up a bunch that aren’t from DC or Marvel.
“The Alamo Drafthouse’s art house, Mondo, which previously developed its signature prints for movies like Sucker Punch and Cowboys and Aliens, is releasing a series of six posters from artist Kevin Tong based on the tales that inspired the hit series,” ABC’s Once Upon A Time. Rapunzel is the first and subsequent characters like Red Riding Hood, Snow White and Rumpelstiltskin will follow. (via Entertainment Weekly)
- In yesterday’s Things We Saw, we highlighted THR’s list Women In Entertainment Power 100. Today, they bring us 11 Women to Watch For Next Year and none other than geek gal extraordinaire Felicia Day is on the list!
- Hold on to your butts, the San Diego city council has okayed the expansion of the San Diego Convention Center for Comic-Con. (via The Beat)
- Adventures of a Comic Book Girl writes about why the concept of a Mary Sue is sexist and how Batman figures into things. A seriously good read.
- 'Game Of Thrones' Star is Secretly an Established DJ
- What's The Truth About Joe Gorga's Trade?
- 5 Actors Who Play the Same Role in Every Movie
- GoT: Behind The Scenes With Natalie Dormer