Because teenagerdom is a mess, but some people handle it better than others.
Things We Saw Today: The Shining, Starring Deadpool
by Rebecca Pahle | 5:02 pm, September 21st, 2012
Head to Comic Book Resources for a smorgasbord of comic book/Stephen King mashups, including this Deadpool meets The Shining piece by Marco D’Alfonso.
- Via The Frisky, a British soldier just gave birth at Camp Bastion in Afghanistan after not realizing she was pregnant until the contractions started. Er… congratulations?
- Joyce Pugh, 81, the world’s oldest paper delivery girl, has never taken a single sick day in her 41 years of work. You’re making the rest of us working stiffs look bad, Joyce. (via our sister site, The Jane Dough)
Simply the Best Assassin’s Creed Cosplay You’ll Ever See. We’re inclined to agree. (Kotaku)
- Lego might have just spoiled who the villain in Man of Steel will be by releasing the names of their upcoming superhero-themed sets. Gosh, way to go, Lego! (/Film)
- The Nerdist Channel is looking for serious New York-area cosplayers for the next series of Just Cos. This could be your time to shine. (Nerdist)
Stan Lee Explains Why He Isn’t Insulted by the Phrase F**k You. Oh, Stan. Never change. (Laughing Squid)
- Nationalize Rapunzel! Timothy Swann at OverthinkingIt gives the debate over universal healthcare the Disney treatment.
- What do Doctor Who‘s K-9, Brad Majors from The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Hello Kitty, Scrooge McDuck, The Joker and the DunBroch clan from Brave all have in common? They all have official, registered tartans. (GeekMom)
- The comics set for this December have a higher-than-average number of female creators. Only eight on nine different books, but it’s still progress! (Straitened Circumstances)
Every death in Game of Thrones‘ season two set to Rage Against the Machine. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! (HyperVocal)
- Army Wives Review: Joan's Choice
- Hard to Say Goodbye: TV's Most Traumatic Deaths
- 10 Hair-Raising Facts Learned From 'Tangled'
- The 15 Best Pranks from 'The Office'