Things We Saw Today: Rings Shaped Like Harry Potter’s Glasses
by Jill Pantozzi | 5:01 pm, September 18th, 2012
- Clint Eastwood defends his support for marriage equality on Ellen. The Frisky has video.
- Break out your bandanas and hoop earrings folks, tomorrow is Talk Like a Pirate day! In celebration, Krispy Kremes is giving away a free doughnut if you wear an eye patch or talk like a pirate BUT, if you come in in full pirate garb, you get a full dozen free. (via Huffington Post)
- If you were one of the many who pre-ordered the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One — Avengers Assembled Box Set (the one Marvel was getting sued over) but have held onto that pre-order, you’re in luck! Amazon is offering free two-disc copy of The Avengers to tide you over. (via /Film)
This Toy Story/Firefly mash-up is shiny. (via Fashionably Geek)
- Scientist Richard Dawkins urged people to institue evolution-based education while getting an award for Services to Humanism from the British Humanist Association. See what he had to say on Death and Taxes.
- Mental Floss has a list of 5 Infamous Female Spies.
- John Scalzi makes an excellent list of How to Be a Good Commenter. I’m looking at you as I type that.
Finally! Lionsgate is releasing Tarantino XX: 8-Film Collection on blu-ray November 20th. It will include Reservoir Dogs, True Romance, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Kill Bill Vol. 1, Kill Bill Vol. 2, Death Proof and Inglourious Basterds. And yes, that’s original Mondo artwork you see there. (via Collider)