There historical female military leaders are here to kick butt and chew bubble gum, and they're all out of bubble gum.
Things We Saw Today: Michelle Obama as Wonder Woman
by Jill Pantozzi | 5:05 pm, September 12th, 2012
- Volkswagon in India put what, for all intents and purposes, was a vibrator in their newspaper ad. And then, is some marvelous reaction PR, the called women dumb and insulting their driving ability. Read all about it at The Frisky.
- Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev has called for Pussy Riot to be released from prison. (via Death and Taxes)
- The Daily Beast has an interview up with Lynn Povich, one of 45 women who sued Newsweek back in the 70s for gender discrimination. She’s got a new book out chronicling the experience called The Good Girl Revolt.
Mmm TARDIS latte. There’s one more at Buzzfeed but I’m pretty certain that one is photoshopped.
- The AbleGamers Foundation has created Game Accessibility Guidelines. They write, “Introducing Includification, a 46 page, fully illustrated guide and how-to resource for developers to make the most accessible game they possibly can. This is a truly one-of-a-kind document with its own companion website. A set of guidelines for accessibility options for disabled gamers by disabled gamers.” This is very, very cool news.
Photographer Kevin Knight created an iBook called Heroes, Villains, & Jedi, filled with over 100 cool cosplay shots. The best part? It’s available for free on iTunes.
- In not-awesome things found on iTunes – The Wonder Clock. “it is an interactive, conceptual piece that seeks to start a necessary and empowering conversation about childbearing.” Keep calm and carry on.
And finally today, for your listening pleasure, is J.R.R. Tolkien reading a poem in Elvish. (via Cheezburger)