Because teenagerdom is a mess, but some people handle it better than others.
Things We Saw Today: The Dark Knight Rises Composer Dedicates New Song to Help Raise Money for Aurora Shooting Victims
by Alanna Bennett | 5:00 pm, July 27th, 2012
Another day, another heart-warming response from the Dark Knight Rises team in the wake of the Aurora shooting. This time it’s legendary film composer Hans Zimmer, who scored the trilogy, who has composed a song for those affected by the tragedy:
“‘Aurora’ is dedicated to those who lost their lives and were affected by the tragedy in Aurora, Colorado. I recorded this song in London in the days following the tragedy as a heartfelt tribute to the victims and their families. 100% of the proceeds will be donated to Aurora Victim Relief organization.”
- In more upbeat news, the Olympics opening ceremony is today! Here are some rather impressive cupcakes to think about shoving in your face (via Laughing Squid):
- The Frisky‘s got two pieces of geeky fashion we’re coveting today. There’s this Tetris bracelet, and then there’s this Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle bra:
- This. This is a periodic table. We think they should be installed in every school cafeteria. FOR SCIENCE! (via The Sherlock Fandom is Broken)
- The is a Little Women graphic novel in the works. You can go here to learn more about the upcoming Kickstarter, as well as more about the project itself.
- We have been eagerly awaiting Mockingbird Lane, the upcoming reboot of The Munsters by Bryan Fuller since, well, since Pushing Daisies was cancelled. Luckily for us, the first photo of the main cast has been leaked (via Blastr):
- For those standing on the outside of the Kristen Stewart cheating scandal, who are kind of standing back with no idea what’s going on, this is actually a pretty adept timeline of events. It’s an interesting situation, given the level of devotion fans have shown to the Twilight series and it actors in the past. (via Pajiba)
- Nerve did a list ranking the Disney princess from least to most feminist. It’s further proof that, yes, it is OK to enjoy watching somewhat problematic material, and that Disney’s come a long way since Sleeping Beauty. (via Nerve)
- This is a shirt in which the Firefly gang is illustrated as the gang from Peanuts. Do you even have to ask if we want it? (via 604 Republic)
And now, for the most impressive, heart-breaking cosplay we’ve seen in a long time. WARNING: Beyond this point lie spoilers for Game of Thrones season two, and A Song of Ice and Fire book two. *SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS* (via Fashionably Geek)
Now we are full of pain.
- Shahs Of Sunset's Asa: 'Hater's' Are Admirers
- 5 Actors Who Play the Same Role in Every Movie
- TV's Best Fake Websites
- Do We Really Need Angry Birds Movie?