Carrie Fisher told a Huffington Post reporter that her involvement in the new sequels was contingent on there being thirty five pounds less of her, which could be taken a lot of ways. For now I’ll just say that I hope it was also a requirement for any other original series castmembers whose post-Star Wars careers have not been subject to the rigid demands of action movie fitness, regardless of gender.
Oh, also principle photography began today in London, which we know thanks to J.J. Abrams‘ tweet of the onset clapboard. The Mary Sue is prepared to offer a preview of what this clapboard will look like after post production:
BOOM, LENS FLARE JOKE.
Here’s some more actual Star Wars news:
- Disney chief says at least three spinoff movies are in the planning.
- Entertainment Weekly’s anonymous sources say that Harrison Ford will actually be a co-lead of the movie with three of the younger actors, though all three original actors have “significant” roles. Also, one female lead is yet to be cast.
- Any readers who live in England might want to check out this open casting call for Star Wars extras.
- Pioneering Female Visual Effects Artists
- Her Universe’s New Star Wars Fashions
- Happy Star Wars Day from Samuel L. Jackson