Lonely this Valentine’s Day? Don’t worry, Pizza Hut is there for you–at least if you have an OKCupid profile. It does too. Yes. Now you can date a pizza franchise, just like Saint Valentine intended. (That’s what Valentine’s Day is about, right?) You could also WIN FREE PIZZA FOR LIFE!
The important question here is why does Pizza Hut have an OKCupid profile? Turns out it’s a weird marketing ploy to announce a contest that could land you free pizza for life. Here are the details from the page:
The Greatest Proposal Ever.
Here’s how we see this going down:
- First, you’ll send @pizzahut an Instagram video or tweet@pizzahut a Vine tagged #CommitToGreatness by Feb 21st. Tell us your most creative proposal idea. Ninjas? Unicorns? Professional babies? Don’t let reality hold you back. Let your Greatness flag fly. It’ll feel good.
- We’ll contact the three (3) most creative suitors via Twitter or Instagram, and take you on a trip to get to know you better.
- If we decide you’re The One, we’ll surprise you with the Greatest Proposal Ever. Obviously, that means free pizza for life.
Are you ready to #CommitToGreatness?
So there you go. Free pizza for life is on the line here, and even if that pizza is mediocre at best that’s still an interesting proposition.
Of course, the idea that any one of us could be Pizza Hut’s OTP is absurd, since Pizza the Hut has already found true love with Vinnie.
(via Pizza Hut on OKCupid, gross GIF via Spaceballs)
- This brewery wants to use drones to deliver you beer
- 3D-Printed pizza is a reality! We live in the future!
- Domino’s is trying to get in the drone-delivery game