comScore

Wait, what?

Looks like you came here from Geekosystem. Don't worry, everything is still here. We've just combined forces with The Mary Sue to bring you more and better content, all in one place.

Man That Died After Cockroach-Eating Contest Choked to Death on Cockroaches

In what’s clearly the most shocking revelation to come out of today, it appears that the man that collapsed and died in October after a roach-eating contest has an official cause of death: Asphyxia. That is to say, Edward Archbold choked to death on a mixture of arthropod parts. Considering he was trying to cram as many of the things down his gullet as possible, this isn’t all that unexpected.

BBC News explains:

Archbold died of “asphyxia due to choking and aspiration of gastric contents,” the Broward County medical examiner’s office found, according to the Associated Press.

His airway became obstructed with “arthropod body parts”, the Miami Herald quoted medical examiner Craig Mallak as saying.

At least now we know that Archbold died as a result of his entry to the competition. In order to not choke to death on roach bits, don’t enter yourself in a roach-eating contest.

(via BBC News, image via Are W)

Relevant to your interests

Filed Under |

© 2014 The Mary Sue   |   About UsAdvertiseNewsletterJobsContributorsComment PolicyPrivacyUser AgreementDisclaimerContactArchives RSS

Dan Abrams, Founder
  1. Mediaite
  2. The Mary Sue
  3. Styleite
  4. The Braiser
  5. SportsGrid
  6. Gossip Cop