Because teenagerdom is a mess, but some people handle it better than others.
Giveaway: Kate Beaton’s Hark! A Vagrant Calendars
by Susana Polo | 12:07 pm, December 10th, 2012
The month of December means one thing for everybody, regardless of what particular end of the year holiday they celebrate. Namely, that’s it’s the end of the year, and everybody’s got to get a new calendar and start teaching their muscle memory how to write the date again. You should all be comforted to know that The Mary Sue is here for you in these troubling times. Starting today, you’re going to have a chance to win one of four Hark! A Vagrant 2013 calendars featuring the art of Kate Beaton. We’ve got two copies of Drawn and Quarterly’s There She Blows and Beethoven Birthday Party for folks in North America. Read on for some sample pics and entering info!
Above, the cover to Beethoven Birthday Party, and below, a sample month (click to embiggen), featuring historical birthdays, publishings, lawsuits, and notable punchings.
Here’s how you can enter:
- Like our Facebook page! And, if you feel so inclined, like Drawn and Quarterly’s as well! They’re a very cool publisher of independent cartoonists.
- If you’d like a copy of There She Blows, click here, and leave a comment on the post letting us know what your favorite Hark! A Vagrant comic is.
- If you’d like a copy of Beethoven Birthday Party, click here, and leave a comment on the post letting us know what your favorite Hark! A Vagrant comic is.
Only comments on those two posts will be considered an entry, not likes on them! The contest will run until Friday, December 14th, at 1pm Eastern Time. Make sure to get your comments in before then! We will contact the randomly selected winners through Facebook, and, yes, Drawn and Quarterly can only ship to addresses in North America (although if you have somebody in North America who you trust with receiving and forwarding your prize, we wouldn’t exactly know the difference…).
Good luck and an early happy New Year to all!
- 10 Hair-Raising Facts Learned From 'Tangled'
- Hard to Say Goodbye: TV's Most Traumatic Deaths
- Hollywood's 11 Best Makeover Moments
- 5 Movies That Ended Up Being Totally Different Than We Expected