Are you a particularly geeky college student looking for a way to get some college credit while you share you geekdom with the Internet? We’re looking for a few editorial interns for the Fall semester in our New York office who are passionate about all aspects of geek culture. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
The ideal candidate is a current college or graduate student looking for hands-on writing experience at a news startup. Geekosystem is dedicated entirely to geek and tech culture. Our interns spend most of their time writing, and most definitely receive bylines for all of their stories. At no point did any of our Summer interns have to get anyone coffee.
Here are a few of the biggest things we’re looking for in applicants:
– Ability to write with voice; writing experience (student paper, blogs, etc.)
– Familiarity with WordPress or a similar CMS
– Comfortable scouring the Web for stories relevant to the site
– Current on Geek culture — from entertainment and gaming to science and tech
– Someone who read this entire post and proves it by including their favorite .gif in the email
– Knowledge and interest in one or more of the Geekosystem content categories
We’re looking for interns who can work 8-12 hours per week part time in our office in Soho. This is an unpaid internship, so individuals must receive school credit from an accredited postsecondary institution to qualify.
To apply please submit a cover letter, resume or CV, and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.